jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Toyokawa Etsushi
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Artistes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iluvasiandrama

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

Aww.

I guess that means you don't watch any of the asadoras either, since they're typically over 100 episodes, albeit 15-minute episodes.

Asadoras? Confused Haven't heard of those are those variety shows? Unless I can see them on Keyhole TV I don't watch them. The only long dramas I watch besides the kdrama's that air on local TV are wuxia/Chinese TW HK period dramas because I've been watching them before I could talk Mr Green
bmwracer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

iluvasiandrama wrote:
Asadoras? Confused Haven't heard of those are those variety shows?

Nope, not a variety show... It's actually a drama... A 15-minute one. Mr Green

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asadora Smile
iluvasiandrama

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm... they sound interesting. Got to be pretty interesting if it's only 15 minutes I guess.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

iluvasiandrama wrote:
Hmm... they sound interesting. Got to be pretty interesting if it's only 15 minutes I guess.

I guess you can't be bored or doze off, huh? Smile
iluvasiandrama

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

I guess you can't be bored or doze off, huh? Smile

Hehehe... I have rather short span for dramas because I watch different Asian dramas. I prefer short episodes so that I can move along to the next. But 15 minutes... that's my "cup o' tea" Mr Green
bmwracer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

iluvasiandrama wrote:
Hehehe... I have rather short span for dramas because I watch different Asian dramas. I prefer short episodes so that I can move along to the next. But 15 minutes... that's my "cup o' tea" Mr Green

If that's the case, then asadoras are a perfect fit for you. Smile

I suppose one you could try would be Honmamon, which a lot of people seem to like (151 episodes!): http://jdorama.com/drama.1074.htm
iluvasiandrama

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

If that's the case, then asadoras are a perfect fit for you. Smile

I suppose one you could try would be Honmamon, which a lot of people seem to like (151 episodes!): http://jdorama.com/drama.1074.htm

I will be willing to watch if I can find it online w/subs.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

iluvasiandrama wrote:
I will be willing to watch if I can find it online w/subs.

Aye, there's the rub. Sweat
iluvasiandrama

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

Aye, there's the rub. Sweat

I know I know LOL.Mr Green
bmwracer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

iluvasiandrama wrote:
I know I know LOL.Mr Green

I don't suppose you have any friends who could download the stuff for you, huh?

You can't be the lone J-drama fan in all of GA, ne? Mr Green
iluvasiandrama

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

I don't suppose you have any friends who could download the stuff for you, huh?

You can't be the lone J-drama fan in all of GA, ne? Mr Green

I know right... but that's the thing, they get theirs from eBay/Amazon. People we knew of were getting into trouble for downloading lots of files. Having to pay heavy fines and all that crap. So I'd rather stay on the safe side and keep my little pennies in my pocket. Mr Green

I have quite a few dramas already on my list to watch. It's okay though, I will watch what I can and then buy the ones I really want from eBay/Amazon, when I save up. I wish amazon.jp had them on their streaming video site. Sad
bmwracer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

iluvasiandrama wrote:
I know right... but that's the thing, they get theirs from eBay/Amazon. People we knew of were getting into trouble for downloading lots of files. Having to pay heavy fines and all that crap.

Really??? Sweat

Quote:
I have quite a few dramas already on my list to watch. It's okay though, I will watch what I can and then buy the ones I really want from eBay/Amazon, when I save up. I wish amazon.jp had them on their streaming video site. Sad

Hmm, I'd bet most of that stuff you'd get a eBay/amazon are probably bootlegs as well, since no officially released dramas from Japan have English subtitles...
iluvasiandrama

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

Hmm, I'd bet most of that stuff you'd get a eBay/amazon are probably bootlegs as well, since no officially released dramas from Japan have English subtitles...

BTW, my Jdrama loving friends watch anime. I can't get into those Shake Head and I have tried so many times. On Amazon, they charge $1.99 per episode but those are legit, I think...I hope. eBay most of them are being sold from HK and Cali.

Why is illegal to download unlicensed or fansubbed dramas if the "law" is allowing to sell bootleg copies (from the US) on eBay and Amazon? Seems like a double-standard.

But I figure out a solution, I used to request uploads from youtube users and on other sites before and it worked. So I just requested a few dramas starring Etsushi-san and a few others.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

iluvasiandrama wrote:
BTW, my Jdrama loving friends watch anime. I can't get into those Shake Head and I have tried so many times.

Really?

Princess Mononoke and Kiki's Delivery Service are two of my favorite anime films... At the beginning, I couldn't get into the anime version of Nodame, but after several episodes, I was hooked. Smile

Quote:
On Amazon, they charge $1.99 per episode but those are legit, I think...I hope. eBay most of them are being sold from HK and Cali.

Why is illegal to download unlicensed or fansubbed dramas if the "law" is allowing to sell bootleg copies (from the US) on eBay and Amazon? Seems like a double-standard.

It is a double standard... Head Scratch
ingesz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:15 am    Post subject: Re: Toyokawa Etsushi Reply with quote Back to top

7th-key wrote:
I was missing a thread for him here and thought maybe I'm not the only one. Mr Green

i'm in.... w00t! Oyakata-sama no big fans hehe
ingesz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

7th-key

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Movies I've seen so far:

10 Promises to my dog
I found it to be a typical dog movie with the usual slightly forced sappy scenes. Etsushi-san plays the father of the girl who owns the dog.

20th Century Boys Trilogy
Knowing nothing about the Manga or Anime from where the story comes from, the main thought in my head while watching each movie was plain "WTF".
BUT movie 1 and 2 ended with really mean cliffhangers... so I watched all 3. Doh!
At the end though, I guess I made peace with the nonsense and found it even slightly amusing... *sing main song* "Guutala Suutalala..."
Not much screentime for Etsushi-san but his character is cool.

Love Letter
Again, Etsushi-san only plays a supporting character, but the movie is extremely good. Confusing at the beginning, clearing up neatly at the end. One of those simple and down to earth Asian movies with a lot of soul. Nakayama Miho does really a terrific job.

Last edited by 7th-key on Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:13 am; edited 6 times in total
7th-key

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

From 10 Promises to my dog hehe

7th-key

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

^ I really need to see him in some other roles... I can only picture him as this non-smiling, intense dramatic actor...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Artistes All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: