jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Where did your username originate from?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zchendevlemh

Location: Ten Carat 5-19-1 Hiroo, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150-0012, Japan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

arashinokoto wrote:
ooh no wonder.. i've always had to copy and paste "zchendevlemh".. :p

hehe

it gave a lot of trouble to people especially with my preofessors and employer when they read my nick. they just ask "How do u pronounced this?" and "Is this german?"
maxstlg

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

my nick came from the Robotech series, Max Sterling. typing it is too long so i shortened it to maxstlg.
*Ezra*

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ezra is my name. I just put the two stars at the side so
that it'll look kinda fancy! *lol* hehe
Milkchan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Super Milkchan ofcourse. Ace!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

lol i knew it! milk-chan is so cute ^^ i like when she keeps saying "baka-face" and makes fun of her president Mr Green

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Damn! Good question....

In the late 1980's, I associated myself with a 300bps multi-line chat BBS called Saimin along with a bunch of other local high school and college students. I was known as Richie Rich because at the time I had one of the largest collections of his books on planet Earth. My good buddy Teflon Bark (don't ask!) also hung out on the chat board. When something funny was said on-line, he'd remark "groink". That was like a trademark of his. I think he stole it from a punk rock fanzine with the same name. He was into that sort of thing! Yeah

Well, a few years ago, I ran into my old girlfriend from the Saimin days. For some dumb reason, she kept thinking I was the one that used the word "groink". No-no-no-no, it was Teflon Bark -- or maybe you were %$#@!*& with him, too!!!!! Two-timer!!! Beat You From thereon, that word stuck in my head.

So later on, I was trying to find a new identity for myself on the Internet. And, I was looking for a one or two sylable word that sounded weird, but would still stick in peoples' heads. "google" for example, works because it really isn't a word, but it's simple and easy to remember. Even though at the time people kept calling me "The Mac Geek", I didn't want my e-mail address to be "macgeek at macgeek.org". So instead, I used the word "groink" as my e-mail name. And people liked it, so I started using it as a username for other things. It's a good word because you don't associate anything specific to it like computers, music, etc. Even today, my Hawaii State car license plate says "GROINK".

--- groink
MixxDreamer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

thats a long history but i think groink sounds cute, i like hearing cute things like, 'toink' or 'toinky' hehe specially if im poking a dough or any fat belly stuff ^^ like my stuff animals tarepanda, snorlax (pokemon) Sweat lol ok thats enough

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MixxDreamer wrote:
lol i knew it! milk-chan is so cute ^^ i like when she keeps saying "baka-face" and makes fun of her president Mr Green

haha yea. The president talks so funny too. I like the funny guy landlord who Milkchan likes to trick Big Grin There.s so many bizzare moments. I can't wait for the US ADV releases

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mine comes from a korean drama yellow handkerchief one of the people lee sangmin i thought was a great actor and i felt bad for him cause got cancer and he later died and at the end of the show that is why my name is sangmin
Milkchan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's sad but nice you remember him

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kinki= Kinki Kids. I like Kinki kids.
txr is my initials
MixxDreamer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Milkchan wrote:

haha yea. The president talks so funny too. I like the funny guy landlord who Milkchan likes to trick Big Grin There.s so many bizzare moments. I can't wait for the US ADV releases
u know what else i like? those ants hehe theyre so hilarious.. i think the milk-chan dvd is out now, i read it somewhere on newtype

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My nick came from............
Shita ga motsureru
�オ���‚��
When we moved to the states {I was around 4} my brother thought it would be funny to tell our new neighbor that I was a mute. She must have been really naive, although Im sure it didnt help that I was really shy and refused to speak to adults. Anyway to make a long story short she almost had a heart attack when I walked by her yard one day singing some childrens song at the top of my lungs. It was like I had just woke up from a coma or something! She ran over to my house and pulled my mother outside ........."He's singing he's singing!!!!" and mom was like "Yes, he like that song very much.....has a pretty voice dont you think???" hehe
Needless to say when my father arrived from work my brother got punished for lying. Beaten
loriemay

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

my nick that i use here is my full name... i dont usually use aliases (very borign to other's but i really love my name:)) my mom haev a dream when i'm still in her womb and exactly i was born in the month of may and my 2 girl siblings also start there name in L so i got this name LORIE MAY Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Milkchan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MixxDreamer wrote:
u know what else i like? those ants hehe theyre so hilarious.. i think the milk-chan dvd is out now, i read it somewhere on newtype

It was originally due in October last year on region 1 DVD from ADVFilms and then they were forced to hold it back from their release schedule. No firm date is set for it's release yet.
Milk Chan is available on DVD in Japanese courtesy of Pioneer but does not have subtitles.

Location: Ten Carat 5-19-1 Hiroo, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150-0012, Japan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

loriemay wrote:
my nick that i use here is my full name... i dont usually use aliases (very borign to other's but i really love my name:)) my mom haev a dream when i'm still in her womb and exactly i was born in the month of may and my 2 girl siblings also start there name in L so i got this name LORIE MAY Wink

luckily it didn't turn out as Lorie June

hehe
GhstDreamer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I got the idea for my nick from one of my close friends. Her mother is schizophrenic and not only does she have audio hallucinations but she also suffers from visual hallucinations (which is really rare). She not only dreams of ghosts but sees ghosts coming out of walls. I was thinking back about that when I came up with my nick GhstDreamer.
MixxDreamer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

whoa thats scary.. Google Sad how she doing now?

just so happens that i have a friend like that, when i chill with him he'd tell me how he sees demons with red eyes looking at him when im looking at a person normally.. (my goosebumps stood up) he gives me the creeps sometimes specially when we chill at night, he'd like cover his face and hide when im trying to comfort him.. poor guy.. but im not just gonna leave my friend there alone, i just try to be there, i mean keep him on track cuz this dood is talented, hes a good graphic designer but he wants to quit cuz of his disorder.. dont u hate seeing a person quit when he went that far?? i think hes ok every now and then as long as he takes his medications Sad

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 6:18 am    Post subject: ~{@ Reply with quote Back to top

kiku = chrysanthemum
chan = is a word added onto a loved ones name.

exp. anna chan... Wink
kjchien

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 7:50 am    Post subject: Re: Where did your nickname originate from? Reply with quote Back to top

kyaw & jerry are both my frist name. so i chose kj and my sr name is chien.
so kjchien.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 4 of 20

Jump to: