jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Anime - General Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 302, 303, 304  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Japanese Entertainment Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zbl

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GUNDAM SEED rules (at least for now)!!! Mr Green

watched the fansubbed ones...when the entire series is released, i am definitely buying the licensed series...it is that good...

never had such a good gundam series for a while. gundam wing was okay...but had a lot of holes which were not covered.
lovelessemotion

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

sephy1024 wrote:
*beats pemu with a big stick*

You shouldn't be watching GiTS:SAC if its english subbed as its been licensed!

BAD PEMU Bleah

Only joking,......I do it all the time with licensed shows like Wolfs rain*hides*

heheheh i did that 2 with wolfs rain...i'm still upset that it was licensed b4 i could get the last couple of episodes off BT! Sad
Ren

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I want the anime artist to make their hard earned money but the problem i got with licensed anime in the U.S. is that they are very expensive which i don't mind, but i would like to have the choice of renting it first then buy it but there are hardly any anime that is worth watching available for rent. So if i want to watch anime i have to buy it which could cost me anywhere from $100 or more cuz they usually sell it in boxset even if you buy it separately it would still cost you about that much. I want to rent it first then make the decision whether to buy it or not. Is that too much to ask?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
gohmifune

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You have a point Ren, makes me miss the days of VHS when it was easier to rent, but nowadays it's near impossible. It could be worse, anime could be the same price it in japan, and with no places to rent it.
pero-chann

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yep, i love to watch anime.
My lists are TOO MANY that I cant remember all.
But right now, I am watching Naruto, Last Exile, Scrapped Princess. Prince of Tennis, Gundam Seed, Onegai Twins, and GetBackers. And I dont watch too girly anime and I dont really watch licensed anime cuz I finished watching before it releases Big Grin Big Grin
Ren

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was surprised at how much i like Grappler Baki.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This was the last updated anime list of mine, it was updated September 2002. Then I don't bother to update anymore list, both anime/drama since it going to takes too much time.[/url]
Michi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

long list u got there Prince Naughty
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ElfLinG

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hi... hajime no ippo is one awesome anime worth watching! Big Grin
Pemu

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe! nice list, braggin off hehe You don't have any Lupin III's. If you haven't watched Maison Ikkoku, shame on you Cry
Maison Ikkoku is a must watch anime! I HIGHLY recommend watchin it. Definitely the greatest anime ever made!
Bsalez

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well not reccomend for kids Mr Green but I think Rouroni Kenshin OVA...
give u a lot Emotion.....really great score from Taku Iwasaki......Nice graphic.....Romance..............and definetly Violence and lots lots of Blood.......... Mr Green What do you expect if the title is Trust and betrayal. Mr Green....One anime masterpiece Applaud
sephy1024

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ren wrote:
I want the anime artist to make their hard earned money but the problem i got with licensed anime in the U.S. is that they are very expensive which i don't mind, but i would like to have the choice of renting it first then buy it but there are hardly any anime that is worth watching available for rent. So if i want to watch anime i have to buy it which could cost me anywhere from $100 or more cuz they usually sell it in boxset even if you buy it separately it would still cost you about that much. I want to rent it first then make the decision whether to buy it or not. Is that too much to ask?

this is why fansubs are good
I will buy naruto when it is licensed but it will be very long. because i have seen the first 45 eps I know that I want to buy it

Fansubs are like renting but not very good for old anime
sephy1024

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bsalez wrote:
Well not reccomend for kids Mr Green but I think Rouroni Kenshin OVA...
give u a lot Emotion.....really great score from Taku Iwasaki......Nice graphic.....Romance..............and definetly Violence and lots lots of Blood.......... Mr Green What do you expect if the title is Trust and betrayal. Mr Green....One anime masterpiece Applaud

OMG the kenshin ova is great
I watched a few AMV's last night now I want to see it again
But it is very violent

I am surprised it did not get a higher rating in the UK because of the killings......
stargirl

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Anonymous wrote:
Hie! I've been very into Japanese anime nowadays (since the 'meteor garden' hype)! So, I was wondering whether you people here can recommend a few worth-to-watch japanese anime to me! Besides, are there any japanese anime with cantonese or english dubbing? Are these japanese animes available in KL, Malaysia? Thanks! ^_^

I recommend Ranma 1/2 and Neia Under 7!
bmwracer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ju-Lian wrote:
i've never seen angel sanctuary animes before. Where could I obtain it? Hm... I think my personal favorite would be Love Hina and TV Girl Ai!

I don't know, but Hayao Miyazaki's
1. Spirited Away,
2. Totoro,
3. Nausicaa,
4. Laputa,
5. Princess Mononoke

are really good. Does this classify as animes? Enjoy watching!

You left out Kiki... Big Grin

Yes, you can't go wrong with anything from Studio Ghibli... Smile
pero-chann

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

there are TONS anime u can watch.
For old and classic anime,

Maison Ikkoku
Gundam Series
Ranma 1/2 (it is ok)
AH! My Goddess
Love Hina
Maho Tsukai Tai
Hajime no Ippo
Detectice Conan (my favorite)
Mahoromatic
etc...

New anime:
Gundam Seed
Last Exile
Scrapped Princess
Gad Guard
Naruto
Prince of Tennis
Pemu

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Maison Ikkoku! A true masterpiece Applaud
Lupin III movies
Studio Ghibli movies
Macross and Zero Smile

Used to watch a lot of anime. nowadays I only follow a few series.
Pemu

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

pero-chann wrote:

Ranma 1/2 (it is ok)
Love Hina
I love Ranma� manga! Finished the translated manga 3-4 years ago. Funny as hell, typical Rumiko Takahashi humours Bleah

Love Hina is a Maison Ikkoku rip off Cry
Ren

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pemu wrote:
pero-chann wrote:

Ranma 1/2 (it is ok)
Love Hina
I love Ranma� manga! Finished the translated manga 3-4 years ago. Funny as hell, typical Rumiko Takahashi humours Bleah

Love Hina is a Maison Ikkoku rip off Cry

Really dang i didn't know that. Where can i get Maison Ikkoku ? Mr Green
lim_li

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Detective Conan Wink
Chobits Mr Green
GTO Naughty
Love Hina Nut
My Neighbour Totoro Big Grin
Spirited Away Bleah
Dragonball Rolling eyes
etc...etc...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Japanese Entertainment Discussions All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 302, 303, 304  Next
Page 5 of 304

Jump to: